Sunday 12 September 2010

Time is flyyyyyyin...

 Hey......it's 8 am on Sunday morning, and right now, I feel wide awake, but give me about an hour or so and I will be droppin' again. I have been super busy this past week and a half especially, but I'm still managing to go out for some drinks, with new friends and foreigners..haha.

 The week before last, my friend Cristin who lives in Harlow with her awesome boyfriend, Neil, came to pick us up for lunch and show us their new flat, etc. It was great to see a familiar face, and to still be able to click after all these years was also awesome. She brought us to see the MUN campus in Harlow, which isn't' very big at all, but it's so beautiful! Their flat is also in a beautiful spot and they seem to be very happy with life! I haven't been able to see them since, because I have been so busy, but we are definately past due...

 We also managed to explore Covent garden a bit, which is in London and is where all the buskers and street performers are, as well as a market with all kinds of things! It was extremely busy but worth taking a look. Statue people, a uni-cycle man, singers, a small orchestra type group, comedians, and jugglers. etc. I took a few pictures to post....someday, lol.

 So then, last weekend rolled around, and we figured we would see a show on Friday night, and then go out with the girls Saturday night. We bought tickets to see STOMP, and it was amazing. I loved every minute of it, and would see it again. The rhythm and beats that a group of people can make while putting on a show with characters who don't talk, yet engage the audience, is something I would reccomend everyone to see. They were using match boxes, making a sweeping sound with brooms, strapping a kitchen sink to themselves and creating music with that too!  Two thumbs up.

 By the time we walked around a bit afterwards, we decided to hop on the train before last call. Something disturbing kept coming on the announcements while we were waiting for our train: that one of the routes was cancelled due to someone under the train!!! He would repeat this every 3 minutes or so, and by the end of it, I was sick thinking about it. Stuff like that happens all the time here, but it was still shocking and sad to me :(

 Saturday night, we ventured into London yet again to start off at a Canadian bar called the Maple Leaf...haha.. WHY you ask?....why not! It was very close to the Canadian store where they sell Tim Hortons coffee, Kraft dinner (and very likely, savoury) but when we got there, it was closed. A few beers later, we moved onto a pub called O'Neils which was 3 floors of pub style atmosphere, live band, and dance bar...enough to keep everyone happy! Good night had by all.

 Sunday was  a lazy day, where we sat around, and chatted with each other. Watching tv, wrapped in a blanket and loving it. I'm glad I had the chance to relax, because what happened next....is still keeping me going, and I am UUber busy from now until mid break (Oct.22) You will have to stay posted in order to find out......lol

 Well, that was LAST weekend, and this weekend is almost up too....Friday night I passed out at about 10:00 due to exhaustion.....loved my bed that night! Lastnight we had a low key night at a pub in Wanstead, where the beer is good and the atmosphere is even better. Chatted with a guy from Italy and plenty of English guys (most of em Rugby players dressed as cowboys?!) and was asked for my number twice, so I did what I was supposed to do....and took their numbers instead! Smart I know. I'm not having strangers call and text my phone if I'm not interested. It's the best way to go about it really. Better luck next time, HAHAHA.

 It's now quarter to 9 (am) and I am starting to get tired again. I'm going to take advantage of my sleep while it's a Sunday....the week brings work, work, work.

 Fill you in soon enough. Cheers! xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley, I'm trying to post this i hope it works. You are realy settled in.

    ReplyDelete