- We had to attempt to speak French when talking to anyone because it seemed as though no one wanted to speak English to us, even if they could. Fair enough. We did a great job the whole time we were there, and by the end of it, Jennifer was reading everything she could set her eyes on! We hopped in a cab and made our way to our final hostel. It was decorated for Halloween, and of course I fell in love with it right away.
- We did the touristy things of course, and bought a hop on, hop off bus pass. I noticed that all the guys over there would make a hissing and kissing sound when they wanted to get your attention (this did NOT go over very well with me, and so on more than one occasion, I had to tell them that I wasn't an animal!!) It must work for the french chicks...huh.
- We booked a package so we could see the main things in Paris: The Eiffel Tower (including a 3 course meal up in the Tower, overlooking the city, A bout tour down the Riviera (during the night, watching the Eiffel Tower light up, as well as seeing the beautiful historic buildings, etc,) and then going to The Moulin Rouge to see the burlesque show. It was awesome and well worth the money! We never had to worry about times, and transportation because it was all organised and ready to go!
- On our last night there, we met an extremely cute Australian guy at our Hostel, and ended up going for drinks at a bar, close by. There was live music, and the guy who was singing was amazing. He had a huge binder full of songs (like something you would see at a Karaoke bar) only, he could play and sing ALL of them himself. I requested some Pearl Jam, Nirvana and I think Three Doors Down. I had some great videos of him, but recently lost most of my files :(
- It was a great time in Paris, and I was asked out by the guy on the front desk at our hostel, but of course, time had run out and I couldn't! Maybe next time!