Friday 3 December 2010

1/2 Term Break: (Part 3) Paris, France

So on our way from Belgium to France, I was pretty much interrogated on the train by security (because I apparently bought the wrong pass, and I was actually supposed to pay 54 pounds MORE than I had), and was almost thrown off. It was a great first impression of what the people were like in Paris, yuck! I told him he was being extremely rude to me, and because he didn't like my comment, he said, "Why don't you go back to where you came from!" As you can see, our bond strengthened and we became life long friends!! LOL
  • We had to attempt to speak French when talking to anyone because it seemed as though no one wanted to speak English to us, even if they could. Fair enough. We did a great job the whole time we were there, and by the end of it, Jennifer was reading everything she could set her eyes on! We hopped in a cab and made our way to our final hostel. It was decorated for Halloween, and of course I fell in love with it right away.
  • We did the touristy things of course, and bought a hop on, hop off bus pass. I noticed that all the guys over there would make a hissing and kissing sound when they wanted to get your attention (this did NOT go over very well with me, and so on more than one occasion, I had to tell them that I wasn't an animal!!) It must work for the french chicks...huh.
  • We booked a package so we could see the main things in Paris: The Eiffel Tower (including a 3 course meal up in the Tower, overlooking the city, A bout tour down the Riviera (during the night, watching the Eiffel Tower light up, as well as seeing the beautiful historic buildings, etc,)  and then going to The Moulin Rouge to see the burlesque show. It was awesome and well worth the money! We never had to worry about times, and transportation because it was all organised and ready to go!
  • On our last night there, we met an extremely cute Australian guy at our Hostel, and ended up going for drinks at a bar, close by. There was live music, and the guy who was singing was amazing. He had a huge binder full of songs (like something you would see at a Karaoke bar) only, he could play and sing ALL of them himself. I requested some Pearl Jam, Nirvana and I think Three Doors Down. I had some great videos of him, but recently lost most of my files :(
  • It was a great time in Paris, and I was asked out by the guy on the front desk at our hostel, but of course, time had run out and I couldn't! Maybe next time!
There you have it......our first travelling experience in Europe! Our next one is coming up over Christmas: we are headed back to France, in the French Alps for some skiing and New Years celebrations..Should be a time! I'll keep you posted!
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment