Saturday 28 August 2010

R is for Rat

 Its been a few days since I posted, so I figured I better stay connected, and write again. This is our second weekend living in England, and we are starting to get to know the place a little more everyday, especially the insects and rodents!!

 I killed about 4 or 5 spiders in my room the other day....apparently in England, they don't use screens on their windows and so every little insect that can get through an open crack...will! So, there was this one spider on my wall and I noticed it when I was in my bed about to go to sleep. He was just chillin above my shelf, and so it was hard to get at him without making him fall somewhere, where he would just make a clean getaway under or IN my bed! I wasn't going to take that chance, so I made sure I got him the first time!

 So from spiders, to rodents. We saw a mouse while waiting in the tube station the other day...very tiny, down in the tracks, looking for food I suppose, no big deal. But when myself and Jennifer were walking down the road last week, we passed Valentine's Park (next to our house) and saw a big RAT just wandering through the fence...not scurrying..just slowly moving...I couldn't believe it! At home, we would have to be quick in order to catch a qlimpse..but this one, I couldn't get it out of my sight when I was desperate for it to run away! I would prefer not to see another one anytime soon because it was friggin' creepy!

 BUTTTTT Not as creepy as the rat we were informed about around here called The European Rat. Apparently there aren't many around, and if you see one, you will know because it is the size of a cat!! Eeeeek, just saying that out loud gives me the willies. Imagine going to put out the garbage only to see a European RAT digging at some food.......k, finished talking about it.

 I have much better things to write about, but it's late and I need my rest before the big party tomorrow....Yea, we are goin to an "Australian hosted" party at a bar called The Church, from 12-4pm (church hours- hence the name) and everyone dresses up in whatever the hell they feel like! My kind of party!!! Us girls are doin the rocker chick thing..and my costume is wicked...I will show a picture of it, and post about the bash when I get the chance... I may be a day or two getting over it first...HAHAH

 Ash xo

No comments:

Post a Comment