Monday 23 August 2010

Money, Money, Money..eeeek!

 Just got home from a walk down Cranbrook road where the shops are, and of course, I ended up in a grocery store...it seems as though everyday I'm finding more things I need to buy. Today, it was more toilet paper, laundry detergent, and of course some chocolate!

 Myself and Jennifer went to meet the workers from Timeplan today. We were a little bit late because we took the wrong bus, and ended up waaaay past our stop. It was fine. We met 3 important recruiters named Liz, Allan, and Jody. Liz will be helping us with our employment, seeking out full-time jobs for us when they come up. We were told that because we came over earlier than most, we were at a slight advantage now that we have landed. Allan was there to give us half a tree worth of paper work, to get the ball rolling.

 Jody is in charge of accomodations, and made sure we were comfortable, and settled in the house. It definitly didn't hurt that he was a fine looking young man, lol. I was thinking, "He's not gonna want to meet me..." because I had some concerns and I'm obviously a little anal about things. I noticed when I arrived, that the lock on my bedroom door didn't lock, as well as everyone else's doors. They don't seem to have a problem with it, but if I'm paying rent, then I want a lock on my door. He is going to fix that as soon as possible. I never stopped there. I also requested he fix the small gate out front (by just nailing one of the boards back on- no biggie). I asked him if there were ever screens on the windows because I had a small invasion of spiders in my room the other day. Apparenlty, in England, they don't have screens????? Ugh.

 As for my job, I think it will go well. The only problem is that I won't get paid for a while (as in the end of September) and when I do finally get paid, it won't be much because I probably won't be teaching all that much in the first month....Eeeeeek! I have to budget my money big time, and make it stretch over the next month or two, and if you know me at all...I like to spend, shop and drink, HAHAHAHAHA. xo

 Things usually work out over time, and I hope it is the case with me. Until next time.

 Tomorrow, we visit Buckingham Palace, and then we will go listen to some live music, at our roomate's friend's Birthday Party...Bring it on :)

Ps- I think I could get used to writing a blog...It's like venting!!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. The money will come, don't do conversions and you'll be fine. Spiders are the cleaners of the air - they trap flies. It's a good thing!

    Love.

    ReplyDelete