Monday 30 August 2010

The Church and its after-effects...

 I lay here in bed today, with a killer headache, and it's all because of our unforgettable experience at The Church yesterday. We woke up around 9am in the morning, so we could get a good base of Sarah's cooked breakfast in our tummies, and so we could give ourselves time to put on our well-needed rocker make-up. The church is an Australian bar which is known for it's weekly BASH every Sunday from 12-4pm (hence the name), where all sorts of people come to party, dressed up as anything from Smurfs to Santas!! I took some awesome pictures that I will eventually post on facebook. During this party, the music is blairing, people are havin' a laugh drinkin' and socializing, a beer chuggin contest takes place, and we are entertained by a stripper! This particular party at The Church landed on a long weekend, so us ladies were lucky to get some entertainment from a male stripper as well, LOL!!!!

 If you know me at all, you know that Halloween is my favorite occasion, and so any opportunity to dress up, I jump at it! Myself, Jenn and our roomate Sarah decided to be rockers, and so that's what we did!! The tube station was a funny experience because we got some weird looks, but I stayed in character the whole time, haha.

 When we got to the Church, it was mayhem! People were lined up down the street waiting to get into the huge party! We saw everything from Ghostbusters, smurfs, elves, cowboys, gladiators, robots, slumber party GUYS, angels, and a Hannibal Lector, Muuaahhahhah. It was wicked. !0 Pounds got you 3 pints of beer or Shmirnoff Ice Coolers.

 After we partied there for the afternoon, we moved onto another bar called the Walkabout, where everyone from The Church "congregated" afterwards.  We tried a famous Australian drink called Snake Bite which consisted of half beer, half cider and a shot of Black Current. When they serve it to you, you can see an "S" on the top of the drink...friggin' tasty!

 We could have stayed longer, as it was only 6:30 when we did actually leave, but we probably made a good decision to leave. I can't imagine what I would be feeling like, if we were there all night! On the way home on the Tube, we met a random, and he had a few drinks with us at a bar before heading home. It was a GREAT day/evening and writing this doesn't do it justice because pictures are worth a million words...Stay posted for them.

 When I went to bed lastnight, I couldn't get to sleep until about 4am, so I stayed in bed for a bit today. I got up and decided to go for a walk in Valentine Park, to get some fresh air because the only air I inhaled within the past 12 hours had been booze, sweat and restaraunt food..HAHAHA What a beautiful park it is too! I saw about 12 squirrels while walking through, and one in particular must have been interested in me. Our squirrels at home would run away and hide in the trees, but the ones around here are always being fed by the children. This one little squirrel (we will name him Tot) kept following me as I walked on by. I tried to keep his attention by making little noises and rustling some leaves on the ground, as if we were playing! It was the cutest thing ever!! Just as long as he doesn't come near my house, or tear up my garbage, we will be close friends...Ha.

 It's off to Jenn's room now so we can look at some prices on trvaelling to France. It might be our first stop!!

Post again soon...pictures to come! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment